Digital Geodata Series
DGS97-1 Public-Community Water-Supply Wells of New Jersey
The public community water supply (PCWS) layer was removed until a secure web portal is developed.
The PCWS data are sensitive in nature. Currently, these data are distributed only to those entities which can demonstrate a need for the data and guarantee data confidentiality. To obtain the PCWS data send a written request with the following information:
1. A description of the entity or company that is requesting the information;
2. Identify the specific informational need;
3. Establish the purpose and/or reason for the request or need for the data set;
4. Provide a description of the product or output for which the information is requested;
5. Provide a description of existing protocols which address handling and storage procedures to protect the information from unauthorized access of computer or written records. Specifically address provisions for the following:
a. Protection of electronic files (containing sensitive information) on protected servers, with appropriate cyber security features, such as firewalls, intrusion detection, etc.;
b. Protection of paper files (containing sensitive information) in designated storage areas;
c. Access controls in place which limit access to only those staff/employees who necessitate the use of the information as part of their scope of work; and
6. Establish your acceptance and responsibility to implement/maintain appropriate protocols to safeguard this information.
This request should be addressed to the Director of the Division of Water Supply & Geoscience at:
Division of Water Supply and Geosciences
NJ Department of Environmental Protection
Mail Code 401-04Q
P.O. Box 420
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
The Division of Water Supply and Geosciences provides a number of pre-built well-search queries on the NJDEP’s Data Miner web site. These provide non-confidential information, including an Aerial Receptor Evaluation Search.
Questions with these particular queries may be emailed to email@example.com. The link to these queries is